Bleach: Shades of grey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shades of grey is an open AU Bleach RP forum. This means that all original characters and content have either been removed entirely or adapted and added to. Now that thats out of the way, welcome to Bleach: Shades of grey!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 15 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:33 am
Latest topics
» Risa Williams [Complete I thinks o3o]
Hello, new member here! EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:08 pm by Risa

» Sven Tatsuba [Soul]
Hello, new member here! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:12 am by Artix

» I'll be back before you know it! ;D
Hello, new member here! EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 5:36 pm by Artix

» Making ourselves known!
Hello, new member here! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:23 pm by Artix

» The beginning...
Hello, new member here! EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:37 pm by Artix

» Soul/Student template!
Hello, new member here! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:52 pm by Artix

» Increasing the minimum.
Hello, new member here! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:35 pm by Artix

» Academy student application!
Hello, new member here! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:28 pm by Artix

» The Hunger Games
Hello, new member here! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:39 am by Artix

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Artix
Hello, new member here! Vote_lcapHello, new member here! Voting_barHello, new member here! Vote_rcap 
Kiyoko Kaneko
Hello, new member here! Vote_lcapHello, new member here! Voting_barHello, new member here! Vote_rcap 
Sovay
Bolexle
Mega
Jin
Providence
Akimoto
Croith
Takeshi Yuu
Forum
Statistics
We have 47 registered users
The newest registered user is michaelsebastian

Our users have posted a total of 715 messages in 124 subjects
Affiliates
free forum
BG AFF 22 Bleach Platinum Hearts

Our affiliation button!
Photobucket
BSoG copyright.
  • (c) Bleach: shades of grey URL is owned by Artix
  • (c) All original idea's presented here belong to the members of the site and in turn belong to BSoG.
  • (c) Bleach - Tite Kubo

Hello, new member here!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ReclusiveDemon

ReclusiveDemon

Hello, new member here! Empty
PostSubject: Hello, new member here!   Hello, new member here! EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Hello, my name is Max. I've got a couple of years of experience RPing on and off. I do anime roleplaying exclusively, especially Bleach. I have some ideas for characters and powers I would like to put in practice on this site.

I found an ad to this site and decided "what the hell", and registered here and stuff. It seems interesting, but does EVERYBODY have to start off as a powerless being? I mean, it's not necessarily bad, but it does turn me away slightly. =/

By the way, you should make a place on the forum where people can introduce themselves. ^^
Back to top Go down
Artix
Site owner
Artix

PostSubject: Re: Hello, new member here!   Hello, new member here! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:14 am

'Ello Max, welcome to Shades of grey. I cant wait to see what you can do and in some cases what you never knew you could do. ;D

But yes everybody has to either start off as a powerless human/quincy or a soul in either Rukongai or the human world. Now I must warn you I'm about to rant, should you wish to skip the rant press th Esc key on your keyboard or skip to the bottom paragraph of this post. =3

The reason this site requires a person to start from the ground up is to maximise any and all possible immersability in the game, it also allows a member to be as creative as they wish thanks to the fact that this site is a place where you are free to do a lot more with you character than you could on a site with much stricter rules. Also, since most sites allow you begin the game from a position of power this site will allow members to explore parts of their character and characters lives/personalities that they may never have done before.

Take me for example; I have been running with Artix for just about three or four years now with other characters on the side but never before had I ever had a chance to write about his troubled time in Rukongai outside of his history. That is until I decided to create this site.

When I see a member of an RP site write out an application that is absolutely wonderful and then see them brag about the high position they have, it frankly saddens me. There are many reasons people write in a role play but to me writing for virtual power is just plain silly. The most important part's of role playing are character development, having fun and improving your skills. Not having "big shiny."

This place was created in order to cater to the needs of the people who enjoy writing simply to write, read, have fun and improve, not to obtain "big shiny."

Well what about when you do reach the top here at BSoG, you may ask? Well it isnt the same. As an example lets say a person here reaches vizard status. Becoming a vizard here is concidered an incredible feat because you have shown that you have incredible literary skill. Since you have honed your skill and gradually worked your way up from the bottom to get Vizard, "big shiny" isnt just "big shiny" anymore, its a personal achievement that proves you have become better at what you love doing, not only that it is a landmark for other people to meet, it provides motivation for people who are also on the same track as you in order to get better!

All in all what I'm trying to say is: why try to grab "big shiny" straight from the beginning when it will only leave you with nowhere to go, no goal for you or your character? Why not go through your characters life from the start of their power to the end, have fun doing it and raise your own personal bar when it comes to writing?

You say the fact that starting from the bottom repelled you a little, but the fact that your here proves that the idea is appealing to you and if you dont come out feeling like you have improved and had fun doing it then I'll eat Kiyoko!

If you have read the above rant then I thank you for listening (or reading rather) what I have to say on the matter. I'm sure you'll be a valuable addition to the site. To top it off I'm going to end with a cheesy yet heart warming line just for you:

Welcome home! =D
Back to top Go down
https://shadesofgrey.rpg-board.net
Kiyoko Kaneko
Admin
Kiyoko Kaneko

PostSubject: Re: Hello, new member here!   Hello, new member here! EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:22 am

Please don't eat me Arty, I'm not that tasty! D:

Welcome to the site Max! Don't worry, you'll have a great time here on BSOG! The people here are friendly, motivated and overall great roleplayers and I'll bet you all the money in the world you'll have a great time!

Overwise I'll die from Arty's raging cannibalism... D:
Back to top Go down
Artix
Site owner
Artix

PostSubject: Re: Hello, new member here!   Hello, new member here! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Om nom nom... OwO
Back to top Go down
https://shadesofgrey.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, new member here!   Hello, new member here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, new member here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach: Shades of grey :: Out Of Character :: Hello's, goodbye's and see ya soon's!-
Jump to: